Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group to ring in a certain order 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2010
US
Hello all,

Is there a way to setup a Hunt Group that will ring to an particular individual first and then take the first available person if that person is busy/away/logged out?

We have a G3V12 with a VDN setup to go to a vector. This vector collects a digit from the caller. If the caller presses 1, they will be directed to this hunt group.

We have 4 people that login to this hunt group, but would like all calls to go to person W first, then go to X,Y,Z if person W is not available.

Is this possible?

I know it is possible if we had EAS, but we only have Basic.

Sorry if my explanation is a little off, but I will be happy to share more information if needed.

Thanks!

You can set it up as a DDC group to accomplish what you are wanting.

Direct Department Calling
BSR will function when the considered splits use DDC call distribution. Once the best
resource is determined, the actual call distribution will follow the split’s DDC setting
regardless of the BSR

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

mikeydidit, thanks for the reply! I’m not familiar with DDC, is this setup in the Hunt Group or something completely separate? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I’m lost! :)

Found it.....It the group type :)

So if i change the group type to DDC, will call follow the order that I have placed them in the Hunt Group?

You got it. Oh forgot to mention. Your not going to make any friends with the users with this setup . The first person programmed "is" going to get all the first calls.. :)

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

mikeydidit, you are great! That worked like a charm. I know it wouldn’t make any friends, but this is what I was asked to do. I wouldn’t intentionally do this to someone (well maybe I would). :)

Thanks Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back