Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group to end in user VM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ys211

Technical User
Mar 10, 2005
US
I'm trying to setup Hunt Pilot CFNA to end up in user 4500 VM.
I setup new VM profile that masks 4500. Created a dummy phone with DN 4501 and check CFA to voicemail and selected 4500 VM profile. Configured hunt pilot CFNA to 4501. When I dial hunt pilot and the call is not answered it takes me to the general greeting and not user 4500 VM.
If I dial 4501 it takes me to 4500VM.
Can this be done?
Thank you.

try adding 4501 to the "alternate extension" field in 4500's VM box, see if that changes the behavior

does 4501 have a unity mailbox cerated? I know you dont need or want calls to go there but im cuirous if one exists. if not create one, and see if ned up in that VM box (4501's vm box) when you test the hunt again

Alternate extension does not work either. But according to TAC the above setup should work just fine. It could be a bug. I'm runnig 4.12ES53. Will update on this when TAC figures it out.

ys211,

use the call viewer and port status monitor to check the incoming call in unity.

The solution was to create a Call Routing entry in Unity. That's it.
Now I have an issue how to transfer from CallHandler to Hunt Pilot?

yeah, the issue is that the device-level call forwarding rules ARE NOT obeyed when using a hunt-group; you need to add unity's line group in the hunt, then ensure that the subscriber box that you want to end up in has an alternate extension set to the pilot number.

To transfer from unity to a hunt pilot number(or any number that's not a subscriber) - just copy the 'operator' call handler(and change the number, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back