Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt group to after hours forward 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLaPhOnEgUy07

Technical User
Aug 7, 2007
CA
I'm not new to BCM's but not in any way an expert
I have a BCM 400 3.6
Trying to setup a hunt group that after hours i can push a couple buttons on my phone to forward the whole thing to my cell phone, i'm on call after hours and trying to set this up. i've been hitting a forward button on my phone and i guess by coincidence it worked or something happened and i got a phone call to my cell. i found out this morning that this is in no way working.
target line 241(TL241) is my target line that huntgroup(HG01) is associated with, extension 360 is our helpdesk and that gets forwarded to my extension that then forwards to my cell. extension 360 also had tl241 on it and had that phone unplugged during the day, i'd plug it in before i left and started forwarding stuff to me. for some reason line 241 will not forward to ext 360, which stops the whole process.
if anyone has any ideas please let me know.
i've also heard about ringing service, is that something i should look into?

Do you have 1 target line ringing into the hunt group or multiple analog lines? Or are calls transfering to the hunt group out of the auto attendant?

How about this?

Leave your damn phone plugged in. Target line rings to hunt group (appear on your set). Hunt group overflows to YOUR voicemail (enter HG DN into alternate Ext on your vm box). Use alternate greeting (provides a "wake up" tone before playing greeting. Greeting says "you have reached...blah blah blah...if this is urgent and requires my immediate attention and you are willing to accept the additional charges, press 7 now to have your call transferred, otherwise leave a message...blah blah.". Turn on outbound transfer for your mailbox and send it to your cell phone.

Voila. Built in call screening and calls transfer to your cell.

Bluemr2, i have one target line that is attached to the hunt group, no analog lines anywhere on this scenario. there's also no AA, thats another number you have to call in order to reach the receptionist and after hours AA.

MagnaRGP, i'll see if your suggestion will jive with my boss, do to our 'customer service stuff' we're not supposed to prompt callers for anything, just auto forward to the on call tech. i do like your idea though and see if i can use the voicemail part right now, i'll have to figure out how to get the 'hit 7 now' part though.
We actually have a 800 number that they can call, thats TL 241 which is attached to the hunt group. the only long distance really is from my building to my cell, which doesnt matter.
Should i be using ringing service to setup the scheduling for the after hours? i cant find that on the technical documentation on the bcm.

Thanks magnaRGP, your advice was great. after looking at the call flow i was able to make the process even easier. this is how i changed it.

1. call comes in from 800 number and goes to TL241.
2. TL241 goes directly to extension helpdesk ext333.
3. during the day x333 must forward to hunt group 01(which is system extension 504) HG01 then calls all the phones in the group, any voicemail will go to x333's voicemail.
4. at the end of the day x333 has to be unforwarded from x504 to my extension and therefore my cell.

i'm going to look at the ringing service now to get this whole process automated, or atleast somewhat automated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back