Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Queuing Audible Alerts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteEEnerd

Programmer
Feb 19, 2008
US
I have a customer right now who has an IP Office 500 (4.2, but will upgrade to whatever is necessary).

They have a queue. There are several people who are part of the group that answer the calls, and everyone in the office has a "Group" action button on their phones. When a caller is queued in a group, they will see their Group button ("Sales") with an underline on it. They are using 5410 phones. The idea is that when the sales group are all on the phone, someone else can hit that button and pick up a queued caller.

The customer is complaining that this is too hard to notice and they are having people in their queue for longer than they would like. They are wanting some sort of audible alert that will let them know when the queue crosses a certain threshold (more than 1 caller queued). Is this possible with the IPO? This is a fairly small company, so I don't know if CCC would be justifiable or not.

They have overhead paging installed throughout the office.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

You can set an analogue port to alert when the queue hits a certain limit, so just put a ringer on that port :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

How do I set it to do that when the queue hits a certain limit? That would be great!

Look in the queueing tab for that group, change the threshold to what you want and select the extn number of the port with the flasher/ringer from the drop down box :)

Also FYI:
· Analog Extension to Notify: Default = <None>, Software Level = 4.1+.
This should be set to the extension number of a user associated with an analog extension. The intention is that this analog extension port should be connected to a loud ringer or other alerting device and so is not used for making or receiving calls. The list will only shown analog extensions that are not members of any hunt group or the queuing alarm target for any other hunt group queue. The alert does not follow user settings such as forwarding, follow me, DND, call coverage, etc or receive ICLID information.

Thanks amriddle! It was right under my nose, I just completely missed it. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back