Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Queuing and Ringing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

njd3vil

Technical User
Aug 8, 2007
US
I have a hunt group set up with Longest Idle Ring Mode and Queuing. If a call is Queuing and more than one Agent becomes available, does it get assigned to the most idle Agent or does it ring all available Agents when a call is queued?

Thanks,

As it says". The longest idle agent will get the call"

If you want all logged members to answer then set it to collective

or set it to collective call waiting... please note that if you're using CCR, CCR does not give correct reporting if agents are in collective or collective call waiting HG's.

GB

On the Queuing tab is the "Assign call on Agent Alert" and "Assign call on Agent Answer" options.

I prefer "Assign call on Agent Alert" as the caller will stay on that Agent's phone until the no-answer time is reached, only then will it ring another Agent's phone.

"Assign call on Agent Answer" will make it so that if two Inbound callers are ringing two different agent's phones, then whichever agent picks up their phone first will get the call that has been waiting the longest. This makes call flows look strange, as most of my reports focus on a Ringing event being followed by a Talking event of the same agent, and on half my calls it goes "Ring Agent A, Talk Agent B" and on the other half "Ring Agent B, Ring Agent A, Talk Agent A.

Markusoreallyus,

That is exactly what I was showing in my call reports. I did have my Queuing set to "Assign call on Agent Answer". I changed it to "Assign call on Agent Alert". I will check my reporting later today to see if this changes.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back