Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt group queue notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

as1981

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2006
GB
All,

IPO 4.2.

I wondering about using the extension notification on queue option on some of our hunt groups.

However instead of having a phone plugged into the extension it would be a device such as this The idea being to get silent notifications on queuing calls.

This is just a random example of the product type rather than this particular product or supplier.

Three questions:

Would it work through a normal mod tap?

Would it stay alerting as long as the call is queued as the analogue notification the system is generating won't be answered?

Would the analogue notification stop when the call is answered or dropped? I'm concerned that as the IPO has decided to make the call to the analogue extension it will continue until the call is answered?

Please don't tell me it's the call center manager's responsibility to make people look at the wallboard and answer calls. I know!!! :)

I'm just looking at alternative ways of helping them make their operators realise there is a call waiting.

Thanks

Andrew

we supply a device like that, but its a pyrimid shape, and really bright amber. it flashes when alerted by the ring of the extn.

It really makes people pay attention and answer their fricken calls esp when their boss sees it going off all the time!

Use a very big and very loud alarm bell :)
This will learn those lazy agents to answer the phone instead off talking all the time about make up and hair!

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

From the manager Help File (F1)
· Analog Extension to Notify: Default = <None>, Software Level = 4.1+.
This should be set to the extension number of a user associated with an analog extension. The intention is that this analog extension port should be connected to a loud ringer or other alerting device and so is not used for making or receiving calls. The list will only shown analog extensions that are not members of any hunt group or the queuing alarm target for any other hunt group queue. The alert does not follow user settings such as forwarding, follow me, DND, call coverage, etc or receive ICLID information.

Hunt
I believe that fully answers all of your question

IPGuru,

Sorry, guilty of missing that in the manual :-(

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Andrew

Is there a button on the IPO that can show queue info? Like on the CM with QueueCall which will show how many users and the time of the longest waiting.

No not the amount of queued callers but you can make a group button which show that there are callers to the group by underlining it.

Softconsole can do this and phone manager pro can do this and CCR can show the amount of callers in a queue.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back