Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt-group question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajl7519

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2013
US
Hello,

We currently have a VDN with a vector that routes to an extension with a coverage path. The coverage path points to a call answer group.

We maxed out the call answer group and I need to add a few more users.

What would be the best way to convert this setup to a hunt-group?

One way think I can accomplish this is by pointing the VDN vector directly the hunt-group which routes to coverage path. Not sure if that is the correct way to do it.

Thanks,

A

you are only ever going to get 8 members ringing at one , you could put all your members in a hunt group and route directly to the extension of that group in the vector.

Or add another answer group with more members including some from the original and in the cover path make this group the second coverage point and continue to bounce the calls between the two with the logic defined in there.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

I see. So technically I can have 2 answer groups and bounce between them maybe ever 2 rings.

Also, what about mulitple coverage paths? Could you setup 2 paths, one pointing to answer group 1 and the other to 2?

you can have in essence as many answer groups as you wish , but the best option for you I belive is to have the two answer groups and keep bouncing between the two in the cover path as you stated.

Setting up extra coverage paths will not give you any more flexability in this scenario.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back