Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2004
US
We were thinking of creating an extession that will actualy be a hunt group in our IT to facilitate our HelpDesk hotline. The only issue I have is the after hour support as we would be accessible on the cell phone. How do I add the cell phones to the hunt for the after hour support? Also, is there an inteligent way to set one person a day on rotation and have 3 people in the group (Monday one person, Tuesday second and so on)

Thanks in advance. I am creating flows in VM with time test conditions on time and calendar. Any help and input is greatly appreciated.

George

it was suggested yesterday to me to use Twinning. I am waiting for licenses so I can test that. Avaya sent me an email that it was possible for this to work but I realy wanted to test it myself. Once I get this I will advise on my results

Sounds good. What is Twinning? Avaya package or some other software? I googled it and nothing relevant commes up.

Mobile Twinning is a new (to us in the US) 3.2 feature set that allows for a simutanious call to ring both your desk phone and other phone number ie: cell or POTS line

I think the use of VM Pro is the best way to go.

Create a user called NightIT, enable "Ex directory", add a usershortcode : SC=*90 TN = "ITModule" Action = Voicemailaccess LineID = 0, divert this user to *90 and check the "Divert huntgroup" option.

Create a huntgroup "OvNightIT", type hunt and add the user "NightIT" as a member.

Create a group like "IT", put in the members, disable voicemail and add OvNightIT as a destination in the nightservice mode.

In VM Pro create a user variable called ITOnDuty.
Create a module named "ITModule", add a menu with only one DTMF option and a timeout of three seconds.
TimeOut:
Connect the TimeOut to a Test User variable action, in the properties page select the ITOnDuty variable and set 0 as a value. Connect True to a divert action and put in the external number of the first person.
Connect the False end to a new Test User variable action, in the properties page select the ITOnDuty variable and set 1 as a value. Connect True to a divert action and put in the external number of the second person.
Connect the False end to a divert action and put in the external number of the third person.

DTMF
Connect the DTMF end of the menu to a new menu and add $ as Touch Tone.
Connect the $ end to a Set Uservariable action. In the properties select the variable ITOnDuty and give ot a value of $KEY

How does it work?
If the group "IT" is set in the night service then calls are routed to the VM "ITModule". Caller enters the first menu were you can add a wav file like "Please Hold, you will be forwarded" or whatever, the caller is not aware of any option to choose so it will leave the menu with a timeout and the call will pass the variable checks to a divert action.
By default all user variables are set to zero so if the VM is rebooted the the first caller will be called.
If you want to change it just call the group IT in nigtservice and during the wav file press the DTMF key you programmed and then select wich user must on service : 0, 1 or 2. Because of this menu it can be changed from a remote location during night hours, always usefull if the one person on duty can't answer calls for any reason ( ill, drunk, stoned, sacked or whatever ).

O man. Do you have a screen shot of this in VM?

Nope, only in my head... maybe i can upload my brain to the Internet....[santa2]

The simplest way would be a Route Call by Status action for the hunt group.

Connect the Out Of Hours to a transfer action with the cell phone number (as dialed from phone system) or an assisited transfer if you want the phone system VM to pick up on a ring no answer.

If you are using the condition editor in VM Pro to determine open/closed just connect the true/false from the test condition to the transfer.

It may be possible to add a night service group with virtual users - i.e. configure users with bogus extn numbers - which have forward unconditional set to the number of choice. If I'm right a call to the group will try to target the members in order but for each emebr will route to the forward number.

calendars in the same fashion could drive it by date instead of changing it manual. assisted transfers could haul it back to go to another person. i would put the false on the last one routed to one of the other on call guys anyway, just in case.

i have a telephone 5410 with ip office 4600, I need that second call sound

have I telephone 5410 with ipoffice 406, I need that the second call of line 2 entrant continues sounding while this occupying line 1, and also when I install the VM the pates call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back