Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2004
US
We have an Avaya IP Office phone system here, I have a question on paging. Is it possible when paging a hunt group to have something shown on the display so that the people receiving the page realize it is a page rather than just a single station to station call?

If I pick up and page somebody at x200 they see a call from me and if I do hunt group page that they are a member of they see the same thing and don't always realize that is a group page instead of an individual page and that they cannot talk to me because it is a group page.

You need to set the paging as group paging on am available button on the phone. The action data must reflect the hunt group or users you want to page

It is already programmed as a button on every phone, the button is programmed as "Group Paging" for the Action and "387" for the Action Data (which is the extension of the hunt group it pages).

What I would like is that if I pick up and page using that button I'd like it to display something on the phones that it is paging so they realize it is a page to that group instead of just a call from me to that one particular user. Normal hunt group calls display the name of the hunt group on the display while the phone is ringing, is it possible to have something similar for this?

Just an idea not sure if it will work. If you're using a PRI you could setup a shortcode to dial out to an inbound DID on your system. You could then create an incoming call route to an extension and have the extenstion forward unconditionally to another short code that would point to your paging group. To get it to display paging on the incoming call route under the tage field put a description or name and it should show up on all the phones. Not sure if this will work but you could try it and let us all know.

ex: dial *98(FWD 95551234)--->DID 555-1234(tag "Paging")--->EXTN200--->FWD *99(Dial Paging HNTGRP201)--->Page and display "Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back