Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demce0501

Technical User
Jul 11, 2013
US
IPO V11

Having an issue with a hunt group A with one member

Group A
Queuing off
No Answer Time 20
Overflow Time 20
Overflow Mode Group
Immediate Overflow: no active agents
Over flow to Group B with numerous members.

When the member from group A is on the phone, the call immediately goes to the group A voicemail which happens to be set to 300 seconds. I've tried every combo for the overflow settings, no good.

With queuing on, the call just rings and rings until the member is off the line.

Any ideas?

The users in group B are logged in to the group and not set to DND or have forwarding enabled?

If so I would run a monitor trace and see what it has to say.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Yes, group B is our inbound call center fielding 1k calls per day. That group has queuing turned on. I'm wondering if I need to turn on group A queueing in order for the call to wait for a member of group B to answer??

I'll try monitor as well.

No the queueing in group A would give the one user in group A a chance to get off their call before overflowing. Otherwise it should immediately overflow to group B.

Can you call group B's extension and it rings them?

Set overflow to 15 seconds and I bet it works, ran into this before.

Joe - I'll give this a shot. Was noticing some odd behavior on it, so I rebooted. Solved some problems.

I've tried every different ring mode to see if it made a difference.

Using VMPro.

I can't be sure if a system reboot fixed it, or changing to 15 seconds did, but it seems to be working.

Well let's prove my point, set back to 20 seconds and retest. Let me know please.

No quing & oerflow time set
call comes in, group busy
system looks to oerflow but told wait 15 sec, cant wait as no queing - call fails

Ans. Do not set an oerflow time if no queuing.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Sorry I do not think that is right. I found this in the help in manager.

"A call will overflow in the following scenarios:

If Queuing is off and all members of the hunt group are busy, a call presented to the group will overflow immediately, irrespective of the Overflow Time."

Critchley That may be the case in current releases of firmware but ealier releases of software caused it to fail (IIRC on some it even caused a reboot).
good practice do not set an oerflow time with queuing disabled (you will want it to overflow imeatietly anyway so wy would you set it to anythig other than 0 ? ).
pesonaly I do not like to ever disable queuing on a group that reciees external calls 7 it absolutly must not be disabled on a group that recieves calls fro an AA or you will get calls dropped when all agenta sre busy.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I do agree I always want to have queueing turned on for groups the last thing you want is calls being dropped because they had no where else to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back