Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Overflow to Specific VoiceMail Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmcvey

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
New user here and I apologize if this is a simple question.

We would like to set up our BCM system to do the following:

A call is recieved on a Direct Dial line, it is not answered in X rings, it then rolls over to a Hunt Group, if it is not answered in Y seconds the call should go into the voicemail box of the orignal number dialed.

I know how to set the call to forward to a Hunt group after X rings, and then overflow to voicemail after Y seconds, but the problem there is that it does not go into the voicemail box of the original number dialed - is this possible and if so, how should I go about this? Thanks.

Place the HG DN as an alternate extension for the mbox you want the call to go to.
You were almost there!

Not bad for a rookie ;-)

SD

Thanks for the help, what if we want to use this hunt group to provide backup for multiple lines? Meaning this same backup hunt group would cover a few phones and if the hunt group does not answer the call in the time frame can the call default back to the original line it came in on?

I can create multiple hunt groups (with the same members) for each overflow, but was not sure if there is an easier way to accomplish this

You may be able to use a feature we usually have to watch out for when setting up Hunt Groups because it does exactly what you want to do ... which most of the time we don't want to do.
The feature is call Transfer Callback Timer.

When a call is transferred to any place in the system, including a Hunt Group DN, the transfer callback timer is started. The timer uses ring cycles. If the call is not answered by the transfer to destination within the transfer callback timer ring cycle count, it returns to the set that originated the transfer.

This might do what you want.
If not, post exactly what you want to do (call flow example) and we'll see what we can come up with.

SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back