Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HUNT GROUP OVERFLOW TO MAILBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmich

Vendor
Aug 29, 2003
US
Does anyone know a way to overflow a call in a hunt group directly to a user's mailbox rather than ringing the phone first? Please help..

dont think you can ..think you can make it go to a vm box but if you send it to a phone in overflow it will follow the phone programming... search previous posts its been addressed in the past

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

I was able to get this working by putting a phone in the phone room..This phone will have a voicemail connected to it..

From there I porgrammed the overflow to that extension, I also changed to call forward no answer to 3 rings so it doesnt conflict with the other sets..I also assigned the lines to the phone, these were the same lines that rang into the hunt group..

If you don't have any lines assigned to the hunt group, this won't work for you, if you do try this out..

Archie

I have done as above however the telephone room phone was not part of the hunt group and I forwarded the phone to vmail (F4) and had overflow to that DN and set up off prem in vmail to call the supervisor's at one site.
At another site I had the off prem call an un-used DN/Port and put an answer key for that port on all the hunt group phones (this procedure takes 2 ports and one phone).

I have tried plugging in phone into a port then forward it then unplug phone but of course not in service (only works if you call the dn from within vmail)

To have message notify to group:
What I have tried to do but cannot and frustrated with vmail was have the off prem call the hunt group's DN however it called it's self and had 253>HG01 in the diplay however all the phones in HG01 did not ring for some unknown stupid curlycord banging fist on ksu reason, could not understand that at all so then I said ok off prem call HG02 instead and added all the members that were in HG01 into HG02 also but that didnt even ring anywhere when I left test message.
For some reason if I'm not mistaken you can have a path in vmail call a HG DN but off prem which is part of vmail cant call a HG DN, wth is up with that?

Hunt Groups are smart.....and stupid!

Mr. Cord,
May I call you Curly?
you are right. I'm running into the same type of frustration. In the good old days, you could really get creative and do some neat stuff if you really played around with it, but now there seems to be a lot of roadblocks. They've put in the features that we used to do manually. Still fun to try to beat the system though. I think we might get this one solved, but it might take 2 ATAs and SWCA with Answer DNs before it works.

MarvO said it

HEY! when your this BIG they call you Mister!
lol
curly is fine..KNUCK! KNUCK! KNUCK!

I did think I had the bloody thing beat but yeah! NOOOO!

Where that christmas list again at?
We realy need the HG DN's to have more DN power!

Thanks for the help everyone. I started out doing Norstar but know its pretty much M1. Let me know when 6.2 comes out!

sounds like your trying to send the caller to an existing mailbox, if so not sure if you can do this. But if you just want to send the call to vmail then buid a mailbox for the hunt group EXT then overflow the hunt group to the vmail EXT.

If you did what you just said sounds like the HG will then call itself?
HG DNs are not true DN's so this is why the problem.

Your best bet is to have it call the supervisors phone one last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back