Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group on BCM 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRBrian

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2010
US
Hello experts,

Phone administration is definately not my thing. I have inherited a BCM 1000 and have some questions about programming a hunt group.

The last "Admin" changed the ee_admin password and unfortunately I do not have access to the Unified Manager. I do however have access to the CallPilot Manager. I can also access the system through the phone to make changes.

I had a question about setting up a hunt group. An inbound call is answered by the AA and calls are dispersed by the CCR tree. In the CCR tree, I would like option 1 to ring a HG of 3 DN's. If no answer at the DN's there should be a shared mailbox that can be accessed by any of the three DN's. Option 2, 3, and 4 are simple transfer to DN's with personal mailboxes.

My question is this (remember I'm a Nortel noob):

I know how to access the system through the phone and create HG02 and assign the 3 DNs. I'm not sure what to set for overflow, time or mode. I also don't know what DN to assign as a Transfer in my CCR tree option 1. I am also unsure of what I have to do to create the shared voicemail.

Just another tidbit, with my lack of knowledge I called in a certified Nortel tech in my area. He was onsite for two hours, and could not figure out how to unlock the ee_admin account, and did not show me how to set up the HG. I'm still waiting on a call back from him 2 days later, so I'd like to take a stab at this myself.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Well he just called me back.

They are listed on the website. He advised me that I need to contact our previous phone administrator, have him call in Nortel (some outrageous fee), or default the system...

At any rate, I found the HG02 extension and assigned the member DN's. I would like to know the best way to set up a shared voicemail for the member DN's.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

They tried ee_admin, nnadmin, and supervisor.

We are unable to locate him at this time.

He has gone out of business and since relocated.

Okay - regardless of being able to access Unified Manager, I have figured some stuff out.

I have created HG02 and added 3 Member DN's - 718, 227, and 282. I have found the HG02 DN is 606. I have tested by calling extension 606 and it is ringing on all 3 phones. I get the "voicemail box is not initialized yet" message.

Now I'm working on the ability to use a shared mailbox for the 3 member DN's (718,227, and 282).

In CallPilot Manager I have created a mailbox for each extension (719, 227, 282, and 606). I thought I might be able to assign the "Alternate Ext 1:" for each member DN as 606, but I get an error "The Extension 606 is already used by mailbox number 606."

Any ideas on how I should set this up so that the three member DN's (718,227, and 282) have access to a shared mailbox for HG02 (606)?

Delete mailboxes 719,227,282 and set alternate extensions 719,227 and 282 in mailbox 606.

Thanks gberger.

Question though, in CallPilot Manager I only have a place for Alternate Ext 1 and Alternate Ext 2. How would I add the three phones as Alternates?

I dont believe you can add a third alt ext but all that means is the 2 Alt extensions that you can add will get a message waiting light and be able to reach the pwd prompt when accessing Feature 981. The 3rd ext will not get m/w and when dialing Feature 981 will be at the LOG: prompt and will have to enter the mailbox and password combination. Ex:6061234. This is assuming that mailbox 606 changed his default 0000 pwd to 1234.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back