Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group not hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badphoneman

Technical User
Oct 17, 2008
US
I have 1450 setup as a terminal hunt with two members 1400 and 1411. You dial 1450 and 1400 rings for ever and never hunts to 1411. System is a 3300 10.0.0.10_2. COS is 1 on hunt group and phones. Any ideas?

In hunt groups calls will not cycle thru idle sets. Once an idle set is found it will ring the idle set until answered.

I believe what you want can be accomplished with Ring Groups (Cascade Ring). However, Ring groups have limitations with respect to routing if unanswered.

You can program a ring group to ring all extensions simultaneously (Ring All) or one at a time (Cascade Ring), starting with the first member of the group and continuing to other members in the order in which they are programmed to the group.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Terminal hunt groups always start with the first member. If that first member was busy, then the system will present the call to the 2nd member, and so on.

Circular hunt groups will present the call to the first member and then "circulate" to the next member of the group on the next call and so on.

Change to Circular if you want to split the calls between the two members.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

Paterson, you do not mention that once an idle set is found, hunting stops.

Assuming that you are trying to ring one phone and then the next if it's not answered, you can put Key lines on the phones (line 1 and line 2) put those lines in the hunt group. Then on the phone you want to answer last, change the lines to be "delay ring".
Then when a call hits the 1st line, it will ring and if not answered, start ringing on the second line ALSO. If the line is busy it will ring the 1st phone and then start ring the second phone too.

Ralph

kwbMitel - Very true... I posted a quick answer and should have fully described the operation of each type of group.

Badphoneman - while you are in the programming of the 3300, there is a button in the top right hand corner of the screen that says "HELP". This button is usually fairly helpful and is content specific to the form you are currently viewing. Although, in this case, the help files also do not mention the fact that hunting stops when an IDLE set is found.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

Thanks, for the answers I guess I got my systems turned around I'll set up the key line with delayed ringing on the 2nd line and it should do what I want.

Thanks Again.

Badphoneman:

Just what are you trying to accomplish?

There are many ways to accomplish tasks on the Mitel. The one you have chosen seems overly complicated to me.

Why not just forward set A to set B on Busy/No-Ans for example.

Keep in mind that it sounds very attractive to do "search" through a number of phones and managers always give me 3, 4 or even 5 alternative extensions and forget that there is a person on the other end waiting... Normally nobody will wait more then 30-40 sec on the line if voicemail or ACD will not kick in. So that is pretty much your budget of time. You cannot make CFNA timer too short, users will complain that phone rang twice and they miss calls. On other hand it cannot be too long , because you will run out of calling party patience. So my rule is: 15 sec. first station, 15 sec. delayed multicall ring on the second station and then voicemail. If you need to pickup calls no matter what, then it is ACD.

So I agree with chosen option :)

Slapin,

A multicall with ring and delay ring and Vm I would agree with.

Why 2 keylines and hunting though. All you gain is the ability to put a call on hold and pick it up at the other station. A group hold key would serve the same purpose.

I'm a Keep It Simple kind of guy.

kwbMitel,
"Group Hold key"
Don't know that one. What is it? Couldn't find "group hold" in help files.

Ralph

Sorry, My terminology vs. Mitel. Mitel calls it a Group Park.

The key is placed on several phones and assigned to a specific DN. Pressing the key while on a call Parks the call on the Key. The key flashes on all sets and pressing the key retrieves the call. Multiple calls can be parked, retrieval is first in, first out (I think).

I use this key A lot. Especially for ACD Agents that need to be able to place a call on hold to free up their prime line to access a higher priority call.

A multicall with ring and delay ring, did exactly what I wanted. My Mitel was a bit rusty all I needed was a little refresher. I had my hunt groups turned around with another system.

Put a call forward on the ext back to the hunt group on no answer

Desk Jockey Lunacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back