Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group not alerting when user is on a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

alose

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2008
US
Ok I am having an odd issue at 2 of my sites. Note this works at all of my other sites.
When a member of a hunt group is on a call and another call comes into the hunt group. The call is not apearing in the users second call apearance. This makes it impossible for the user to put their current call on hold and answer it. Unless the actually get up and walk to another phone in the hunt group.

All users and the hunt group have call waiting turned on.

I believe the software is 4.0(10)

The only thing different about these 2 sites is that they do not use pri trunks, they use a bunch of PoTS lines. (5 or 6 all on the same incomming call group that drops to the hunt group)

So is this the limitation of PoTS vs PRI? Or is there likely something incorrect in the configuration?

Any help would be apreciated.

Andy

could be a limitation of the POTS lines or it could be a 4.0 special.
4.0 has plenty of bugs, you could try and upgrade to 4.2 and see if it then still happens when you set the group to collective call waiting (replaces the call waiting checkmark of 4.0)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

>When a member of a hunt group is on a call and another call comes into the hunt group. The call is not apearing in the users second call apearance.

If the call the hunt group member is on is a hunt group call, then this is correct operation.

You need to be clear about where the first call is from.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I don't think that's right Matt. If you answer a call for a HG and a 2nd HG call, same group, comes in you will get call waiting on 2nd appearance.

Try enabling Off-hook station for the users, although this is normally reserved for pot extensions it might be having an adverse effect on your site.

Failing which, upgrade.

I thought that too
But there was a strange issue in 4.0.10 (yes i know it is sick i still remember :) )
When there was only one user in a group and when he/she was on an internal call an external call would not ring the group !!!

Upgrade to 4.2.14
4.0 is not a good version to be on

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

key and lamp manual said:
For calls to any hunt group of which you are a member, you are busy to further group calls once you have a call connected unless hunt group call waiting is being used. However you may still receive additional calls dialed or forwarded direct to your extension number if you have any free call appearance buttons.
I was right, but had forgotten about call waiting

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Also to be clear. On 4.0 and later the check box for "Call Waiting" on the user's telephony tab does nothing for digital phones where multiple call appearances have been programmed. Setting the HG to Collective Call Waiting is all that is needed to receive multiple HG calls.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Here are some more details. At both of the sites where this is happening, there are 4-5 members in the collective huntgroup. Both huntgroups have callwaiting on. All of the phones in the Huntgroup are 5410's and non are setup as PoTs. I checked all the lines and they all have callwaiting on.

I rember the issue with the 4.10 It happened at my main site that has a receptionist.

So from the jist of this thread, I am not thinking that it is a config issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back