Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Night Service Alert 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool70

Technical User
Feb 25, 2015
US
Customer would like an alert of some sort each time a particular Hint Group goes in and out of Night Service. Any clever ideas?

I have not tried anything yet. Hoping to hear some tried and true ideas.

Only possible if you call a VMPro module to set the group status.

What can the voicemail pro module do in terms of an alert?

You can call the module, switch the service state within that module followed by a send mail action. Switching the state with a short code or button will not let VMPro send a mail

Thank you! That might be a good option. Any others?

a button on a phone won't work? Or they are looking for some kind of remote notification? You haven't really specified very clearly.

GB

The customer wants some sort of alert beyond just the status light on the button of the phone. I’m not being too specific because I’m hoping to capture a unique and/or clever solution. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

picking up on the idea with vmpro and instead of sending an email you can make the vm do a page over the PA system or phones.

Something like: "you should go home now because the phone system has gone into night service and you won't get any more calls"

or sending an email AND page

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

OldSchool70 said:
I’m not being too specific because I’m hoping to capture a unique and/or clever solution.

That seems like the exact opposite of what you want to do. The more information you can provide the more we can provide an exact answer for your situation. Being vague on purpose to get some great idea as we guess what you actually want is rather counter-intuitive.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Are you by any chance trying to identify miss behaviour of staff members?

Have you looked an the alarms section ins the system tab?

You may be able to get either an SNMP alarm or possibly an email (although I have not checked yet)

the easiest option however is to remove the short-codes/button programming to manually set NS & use time profiles then you know exactly when NS is going to be activated anyway.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

With R10.1 Avaya delivers a monitoring API and a configuration API. You can run a script every minute that checks the status of a hunt group and send a mail as soon as the state changes. I didn’t check what information is available through those APIs but it is worth a look. You can find them in the devconnect Portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back