Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hunt group name recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatsmitty

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
US
I am having a difficult time trying to change the recorded name of a hunt group in vm pro. I have a short code(*74) setup to record names for the users, but can't seem to figure out how to do the same for a group.

any help would be appreciated greatly.

You can make a shortcode for the group (voicemail collect)
After you here that there are no messages there will be an option to change the greeting

If you use vmlite or pro you can record a greeting with a phone and rename it in the name of the group

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

What voicemail are you using. And if Voicemail Pro are you using Intuity or IP Office mode?

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I am using Voicemail pro in ip office mode.

Open the vmpro client, record a greeting and name it exaclty the same as the group name

get the wav file and move it to the names folder
Then your huntgroup has the greeting recorded
I do this often when i just need a silence for the group greeting

jatsmitty - figured. Sorry I have always adamantly refused to learn anything about IP Office mode so I'll be no help.

tlpeter - enu\905.wav, enu\907.wav, enu\MC_01.wav and enu\MC_02.wav are all "blank" wav files. Could use one of those instead.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I use the MC_01 for that and rename it
The MC_00 is a beep (also used alot)

tlpeter, Thank you very much for the help! I went in and deleted the wav file that had been recorded when this group was first setup. Then i logged into the mailbox for that group, tried to listen to old messages and it promted me to record the name through the phone. NICE!

Thank you again for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back