Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Metrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlquestTech

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
We recently upgraded a BCM from 3.6 to 4.0 so we are now using element manager.
We collect Hunt Group Metrics monthly but I am having a problem getting them now.

I see they ar now included in the CDR.

I have set up the CDR to:
Start a new file MONTHLY
Max File Size 3600 KB
Disk Space Limit 200MB
Transfer type NONE

My problem is that it seems that Hunt Group Statistics are resetting every day.

Because when I first log into the machine in the morning, the metrics page shows all hunt groups with 0's in every column.

Then as I stay on I can watch the number of calls go up.
But when I log back in the next day they are all at 0 again - no matter what time of day I log on.

Any ideas as to what I have set wrong?

Ok.. Have been monitoring the situation and without even logging off I came back to the Metrics page and all Hunt Group Statitics were back at 0

Are they Hourly?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Yes. The statistics are definitely resetting at the top of each hour.

Well, I guess I'll give it one more shot here.
Anyone know why my Hunt Group Statistics keep resetting every hour even though I have CDR setup to start a new file monthly? (see above for configuration)

Sorry, don't know why resetting through CDR. If big problem, why not check them through telset, or however you did b4 upgrade?

Adversity is Opportunity

Well before the upgrade it kept the statistics until I told it to reset them
But now it is totally different and I really need those statistics.

Your original post makes it seem, you changed the way you retrieved these stats. Now you use CDR, b4 you---?

Is this correct?

Adversity is Opportunity

No we upgraded the BCM from a 3.6 to a 4.0

In the 3.6 software when you go to Hunt Group Metrics, they kind of stand-alone.
But on the 4.0 version they are now included with the CDR so whatever settings appply to CDR also apply to Hunt Group Metrics.
Personally - I think this is a mistake on Nortel's PArt as we are using Hunt Group Metrics for a number of reports that justify personnel and also show help desk response times.
Unless there is a way to go get these logs out of the CDR that I am not aware of.

So, in short, we didn't change anything, the software did.

You might try going into Hunt Group Metrics through the telset. It might not be resetting there. Admittedly, a small chance.

Adversity is Opportunity

I wasn't aware you could go them through the set.. hmm..
Anyway, that would not help too much as I have to copy them all down.
How would you go in through the set?

Ftr**266344
nnadmin
pswd (which this website will not allow me to give you, but since you've never tried it, it's probably default, see line 1)
You use the 4 top buttons on your telephone to navigate the menu. Do not fear, you can only screw up, if you make a choice on the softkeys. Hunt Group Metrics is way down under Maintanence. As you stated you'll have to write down the stats.

Adversity is Opportunity

Oh Ok I follow you.
No those statistics are resetting as well.

You may want to try the RSI Enhanced BCM Reporting module which consolidates the statistics in one report.

Hunt Statistics should actually reset every hour. It is now done that way.

S16

Noooooo They can't! Why would they do such a thing?
Sigh.....
Is there somewhere - some log files or something - where I can retrieve this information???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back