Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt group message waiting indication

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaidi1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2013
PK
Hunt group name: ABC
Extension: 218
Members: 210, 211, 212
On hunt group voicmeail tab, voiemail code 1234 is also given (do not know if it is necessary or not).
Source number HABC is added to all three users 210, 211, 212.

VM pro is in IP Office mode. Avaya IPO version 9.0

But there is no message waiting indication on softphones when a message is left for group ABC. Message is dropping in ABC's mailbox alright and can be accessed via *17.

Tried H218 in source number and also rebooted the system but no success. What's going wrong?

Just noticed that in system status, message waiting for softphones 210, 211 212 is showing off. How to enable it?

Ok just read in system status about Message Waiting...If the user has an unread mssage, this will be On. If the personal messages have been read, this will be Off. So I guess it has nothing to do with settings.

Could you please tell me what am I doing wrong? There is no MWI on agents phones when for hunt group messages.

Copy/paste the hg name into the source number tab and put a H in front of it. Make sure the user is a member of the group and that's it.
Check your extension tab for any mwi settings there. There are analogue settings i believe.

It's not rocket signs purple.

If it's a softphone it's probably a security settings feautre unticked.

It's not rocket signs purple.

Tried both on Soft Phones and 1608 IP Phones. Hunt group name ABC is in members' source number as HABC but still no indication on soft phones or IP Phones.

I am using a call flow having Leave Mail box where destination is hunt group ABC mailbox.

As i said, messages are going to hunt group ABC mailbox fine but there's no indication on member's phones.

Btw, Voicemail On under Voicemail tab of neither Hunt group nor its members is ticked.

I do not know if MWI has anytihng to do with Voicemail On being ticked or not. I also ticked voicemail on for both HG and users but no success.

try to stop and restart voice mail pro services and retest

If it is the Communicator then login with the extension number instead of name. Then it will show voicemail messages but i am not sure if this also applies to group messager.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back