Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleone

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2002
US

I have installed my Definity in front of another switch (Amtelco Answering Service Switch). I have used ten DID's for local stations for the office and route all other traffic to the old switch using a CO Trunk Group, the Dial Plan, ETA Node & ETA Path. This is all working just fine.

Several of my stations are members of a hunt group (also a DID). After business hours I would like to forward this hunt group and cause the traffic to go to a DID not administered as a station on the Definity to the Amtelco switch . I am forwarding each station in the hunt group to this DID. This works fine for local calls to the stations, but receive intercept tones for calls from outside.

Can this be done? What am I missing?

Thanks for your help. I wouldn't be this far along without the wisdom in this group.

teleone

You could give the hunt-group itself a coverage path to the after-hours-station, or make it a coverage time-of-day-table so after hours will be automatically routed to the covering extension. You could also give the hunt-group a night destination and administer a hunt-ns (nighservice) button on a station so the hunt can be forwarded manually. If you need worktroughs on one of the above, please let me know. Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

And if the call forward destination differs all the time, create a call forward button with ext: XXXX, where xxxx is the huntgroup extension number.

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I need to flesh out what I'm doing and what I would like to happen.

I have 1100 DID numbers coming into the system. The numbers not administered as stations are passed to the Amtelco switch via a CO trunk group hard wired to the DID trunks on the Amtelco. All of the DID are administered in the Dial Plan. If the DID is not an assigned station, they are routed using ETA Node and Path.

From a station I can dial a DID not administered as a station and the call routes to the Amtelco switch. This works.

I am attempting to forward each station in the hunt group to a DID not administered as a station but active on the Amtelco switch. If I place a call from a station to a station it works fine. If the call is made to the Hunt Group, I get busy.

I have tried to forward the Hunt Group as Brandaris suggested. The call still rings to the Hunt Group.

If I administer a new Hunt Group and send the traffic to the Amtelco I will not get the DID digits to send it to the proper account. I have considered doing this and making the new trunks on the Amtelco Hard Wired accounts (ring down).

However, I was hoping to use the current trunks. If I can call a DID from a station, and I can forward a station to that DID why can't I forward a Hunt Group too?

I hope that this makes sense. Thanks again for the help.

teleone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back