Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Enable users from different extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjjones1100

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2012
US
So management posed the question is we could setup buttons or some other functionality to allow the manager of the call center to remotely (from her phone) Hunt Group Enable different staff extensions. I figured there was a short code to do this and it wouldn't be a big deal, but I may be wrong.

The premise is that the Call Center Manager could add additional staff from other departments to cover lunches or staff shortages. This was an issue during the recent holidays. The main point that came across is that the user is forced into the Hunt Group and has no button to remove themselves. Users can be at other sites so the manager cannot always walk up and input the short code for Hunt Group Enable. And yes, getting reliable staff is a better answer, but that is easier said then done.

I know this can be done through the IP Office Manager, but I do not want to generate additional calls to the limited IT staff to make these changes throughout the day.

Can anyone think of a solution or even a 3rd party software?

Thanks,

Chris

You could give them a copy of Manager and they could enable/disable via Manager. Give them their own log-in with restrictions.

A possible work around would be to create a hunt group as an overflow destination that has the staff that need to be used for the coverage. The manager could enable and disable the overflow group at will. I am not sure exactly how this could or would work. Just a bit of a brain storm.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I will see what Softconsole can do as we use that to watch Call Queues. I do not want to give her Manager as she is not at that level and others may need to be involved. I was hoping to make buttons for each extension on her phone to Hunt Group Enable each user.

derfloh, I checked Softconsole and do not see this as an option. How exactly could this be done? I only found that you can take a group in and out of service. Thank you for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back