Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group button

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankash

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2008
CA
I have enabled the Hunt group and added 3 extensions. After adding the users to the Hunt group. It programmed first memory button HG01: HG01 for those extension. What is the use of this button. We were using first button to dial outside form line pool. Can we get rid of this button and program back to line pool access.

Thanks.

You told it to appear and ring in Hunt group settings, make it Appear only.

Pool button fix:
F*3, press Line Pool button, press F649

Thanks for the tips. Please explain me what is the meanig of these 3 option in detail:
1. Appr&Ring
2. Appr only
3. Ring only

We have 2 line pools only,1 for phone and another for fax. All extensions can use line pool.

Thx

Appear Only will put a button on your phone, but it won't ring.

Ring Only won't put a button on your phone. Calls will come in on your intercom paths.

Appear and Ring will put a button on your phone that incoming calls will ring through.

Thanks for the info. How to change to Ring Only option for the extensions in the hunt groups.

Please explain me all about line assignment or line access. In out company we have 2 pools, one for fax and another for lines. Line pool has 6 lines. Anybody can access these lines, no priority or assigned to any particular user.

At the time of installing is it necessary to assign lines to extension etc.

Thx for helping.

I meant Ring Only yes sorry.

It is best to remove lines from the sets that are in hunt groups to avoid and programming conflicts.

T&Sets/Line Access/Line Assignment/Remove all lines.
Now go into Hunt Groups, show a member, show again, change all lines to Ring Only.
Add a couple Intercom keys to handle 2 calls or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back