Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group and Queuing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlc9

MIS
Aug 15, 2007
US
I have a new Hunt Group set up in my IP Office Manager 3.2(17). The type is "Most Idle".

This group currently only has membership of one, queuing is turned on, and the associated group/queuing is set up in Voicemail Pro. What I want to happen is if this one person is on a call, for additional callers to be put into a queue.

During my testing, if I call in and this lone hunt group member is logged in but does not answer the call, I would expect the call to be put in queue. Instead, it goes to voicemail, which is enabled. Is my thinking correct here on what should be happening? How do I get calls to go to a queue?

Why longest waiting when there is only one user?

Did you turn queuing on?
What is your voicemail timer on the group?
Does that user has voicemail turned on too?
What is your announcement timer?
Did you record any announcement in voicemail (pro)?

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Well, by "longest waiting" I assume you mean Most Idle? Either way, I'll choose any setting as long as it works how I want to. Which is if that lone group member is on a call, additional calls would be momentarily put in a queue until that lone member is off and available to answer.

Here are some group specs:
Allocated Answer Time, 15 seconds
Overflow Time, blank
Hunt Type, Most Idle (but I will change to whatever works)
Voicemail, On
Fallback, None
Queuing, On (Queue Limit, 30 and Queue Ring Time, 10)

Yes, the lone member does have voicemail turned on. Not sure how to check announcement timer. Finally, no, neither an name announcement or greeting has been set up for this group VM.

What version are you on? (ipoffice)
Somewhere between 3 and 4 the names changed of those groups.
Older version do not have an announcement tab.

If the voicemail timer of the user kicks in before queuing starts then you know the problem.

Try to find out where the message goes to.

Missed that part :)

It is too long ago and no ipo on 3.2 ready so i cannot check what to do.

Oh, man. So is it possible that a voicemail timer somewhere is kicking in before a call gets queued? If so, is there anywhere in 3.2 to see / change this?

I've got other hunt groups with voicemail enabled for the group, yet calls get queued. My thought was just currently having one lone member to this new group was not allowing additional calls to be queued, but I don't know.

I highly recommend you employ a good business partner to maintain your switch. It will save you lots of pain :)

I couldn't agree more. Trying telling my management that.

I *think* it was the no answer timer in 3.2

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

OK, I "think" I have it figured out. In my testing, I was just have the lone group member NOT answer the call, and hoping it would go into queue. He was not in busy wrap up or anything, but just available.

Well, the key to this testing was that this group member actually needed to be engaged (busy wrap up, on a call, etc) in order for that second call to be queued. Once I tied the line up, additional calls then queued. Should have thought of this earlier.

Thanks for all the comments.

I think you have more then two call appaerances programmed for that user.

A new call will only go to a queue if there is at least one call active.
As there is no member in the group, it would try the overflow group and voicemail. If none of this is available then it's just busy.
So, nothing is wrong.

3.2(17) is now 4 years old. If you have a 406v2 then you should upgrade. Even if it's an older box you should upgrade to the latest.

Yea, I'd love to upgrade, but not sure of the financial costs. Unless it would be a free upgrade, not sure we'd do it. We have this Avaya system with no support contracts, so wouldn't even be sure where to begin.

Open to suggestions. Thanks for all the help, as this forum is great.

Only 6.0 will require a license which is $199. It needs some work to apply it. Since a lot has changed, the config need to be adjusted as well.
But that's it.

I would even recommend to also consider a hardware upgrade. Go for a IP500v2. This will make this upgrade work more valuable because you can follow later major release with new features. You can keep existing modules, phones and some of the core components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back