Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group across networked MICS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirkware

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2006
US
We have two MICS (7.0 and 7.1) Networked via a T1 with PRI Enabler license on each. I recently setup a huntgroup on MICS A to receive calls from the outside world.

And now, they want to add a phone on MICS B to the huntgroup. Obviously, I can't just add the extension number from MICS B into a huntgroup on MICS A, but is there any clever way to make it work?

I tried adding a MICS A phone to the HG, and F4 forwarding it to the desired MICS B system, but, as I expected, calls to the HG don't forward.

Any ideas would be appreciated...

---------------------
I'd rather learn from other peoples mistakes than have them learn from mine!

How do calls get to the group A?
Are there lines assigned to HG A or a path number to HG A through the AA? OR Both

Callers dial in to a DID number on a PRI circuit coming from the telco to MICS B (there are two T1 cards in MICS B...one to the PRI to the telco, one to the point to point T1 going to MICS A). The caller enters 741, which is a destination code on MICS B that routes the call through the T1 to MICS A. On MICS A, I have a target line taking the received digits 741, and that target line is assigned to the hunt group.

---------------------
I'd rather learn from other peoples mistakes than have them learn from mine!

I think you had the right idea with call forward
Was that an External CFW you were tring to do or Internal CFW back to MICS B.
You Might try the same thing and make a new route with a dial out xxx and external CFW a phone From A to the destination code of the new route.

OR

Would matter if you setup a HG on MICS B and assign the DID to that Group. IT should still ring at A's HG and B HG'S

That would be fun to get to work some how

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back