Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hung Bpbkar32 process

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamason

MIS
May 15, 2000
US
I have 2 clients that almost every week have a hung bpbkar32 procees and the backup will not start. I have tried to kill the process and have been unsuccessful. The only option I have had is to reboot the server which as you all know is not always possible and needless to say the client is not happy. I think I may have to tweak the OTM settings, but in the meantime does anyone have any suggestions how to kill this process that prevents the backup from going without rebooting the server.

Windows client? If so, you can issue a command line kill command. NT and 2000 did not come with the kill cxommand, you can get it from the web or win resource disk.

GUI Task Manager generally prevents this because of sharing.

Grey, I did try this already and was able to kill all but one of the bpbkar32 processes.

Stop the NBU Client service on target machine, retry kill.

What msg are you receiving from kill command?

run your system on a unix or linux platform ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back