Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HUGE log files on clients in 7.x corp

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstillatwork

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2001
US
they are anywhere from 50M to 1GB per day. most contain only one line, repeated over and over, stating that a scan on all disks will begin.

also our server has lost connection to all norton clients,

clients definitions sate is over a week old, and live update says there are no updates to download.

any ideas wht might be causing the weirdness??

thanks

imstillatwork, give us a few more hints.

What version SAV server and clients are you running?
What OS is your SAV server?
Did it ever work correctly?
Have you recently upgraded?

etc.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I too have the same problem, i am really stuck up and my complete floor is at stand. Pleae help me out.

they are anywhere from 50M to 1GB per day. most contain only one line, repeated over and over.

I am using 7.5, OS is 2000 server and till yesterday it was fine.

Complete production has been stopped, the system are dead slow. No virus alerts.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Dblaine

Well just forget the Norton hype and move to Sophos. 100% better to work with the products.

last few years, symantec products have not been anything special, and as a technician, I have had to fix way to many broken installations of several of their products. It's been so long, I don't remember how we fixed the log fil problem. there may have been an update for it to download ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back