Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Httpd weirdness, need some answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

prosen2012

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
US
I have apache, running on redhat guinnes. The machine is on the DMZ on our linksys router. Now for some reason when anyone outside our network tries our website, the first httpd request goes unanswered, while the second is just fine. All of our other services are fine. I cant figure out if this is an apache problem or a netconf problem. Any ideas?

Phill

are you using virtual hosting? Maybe it might be a configuration error. Double check what you did.

Hope it helps,
-Yousif

I also use the linksys router, and would seggest securing it behind the firewall and not as the DMZ. If you are using the virtualHost containers, don't forget to use internal IP's like 192.168.1.101, etc. It is also an good idea to have a current apache version. IE: 1.3.19. Are you using the DHCP option on the router or not?

Hope this helps!!

Rninja

We have it on the DMZ and DHCP is enabled.
Would dhcp confuse things? The server is of course set to a static ip address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back