Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

http://www.ipalien.com - Quick way to grab your IP! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlantis2047

Technical User
Apr 30, 2005
AU
To those of us who need to find our IP address, I have used many services like spondoo and printmyip but that just don't work and return the correct information. ipAlien on the other hand WORKS!

Its quick and easy, no ads and has some other great features - Worth the look!

Open a session of notepad. Type in
Ipconfig /all
pause
Save it on your hard drive somewhere easy to find as address.bat
Create a shortcut on your desktop to address.bat
When you want your ip address, just run address.bat icon.
Give it a shot.

Glen A. Johnson
To get the best awnsers to your questions, check out faq950-5848
If your from the Chicagoland area, check out Tek-Tips in Chicago IL

The issue there is that depending on how your ISP assigns your IP, it might not return the correct information hence why having to get it online is sometimes the only option!

I like knowing what's going on realtime. The site gave me the address of my externaly assigned ip from my provider, not my ip on my network. This is one ip, while on my network I can have up to 254 different ip's. Just my preference, we're all different. Thanks.

Glen A. Johnson
To get the best awnsers to your questions, check out faq950-5848
If your from the Chicagoland area, check out Tek-Tips in Chicago IL

Getting your internal IP is one thing, external is another. To be able to get that information you would be using a security hole to access it would you not ?

You wouldn't have a security hole. All webs sites can get your public IP address, unless your ISP does NAT'ing. Reason? How would the far end server know where to send the page to?

eg.
A (you) requests page from B (webserver). If B doesn't know your address, how can it send it back.

Stu..

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back