Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP File Upload to IIS 5 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusFox

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2001
US
I have IIS 5 and want to uploade files from a web browser. Can you please point me in the correct direction? I have found some information on IIS 4, but nothing for IIS 5 on the MS site. Is this functionality built into IIS 5, or do I need to install some add-in? I think I should use <input type=file>, but need to know how the form action would work.

Many thanks,
Magnus

If you mean that you wish a user to upload from IE4/5 from a web page then you would probably be better getting ASPUpload you install it on the server then add some ASP to your page and there you go.
hope this helped.
If you are letting people write to your server then it would be my advise to only let them write to one or two folders and not your whole site.

had to give you another star....very helpful mike griffith
----------------------------
mgriffith@lauren.com
mdg12@po.cwru.edu

had to give you one too !!! this will help me in my soon to start programming try.

THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back