Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The ISA Server denies the specified Uniform Re

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrneg

MIS
Jan 16, 2002
IE
"HTTP 502 Proxy Error - The ISA Server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)"

hi all,
this error is occuring whenever users try access any website. they are connecting from a downstream proxy 2 server to an upstream ISA server. I found 2 articles from microsoft regarding this error : Q295089 which i have checked out. the isa server is SP1 and the rulesw are configured correctly. the other article seems less likely Q317798. The proxy server works fine pointing at a unix proxy and the clients can access everything by pointing directly to the ISA server. the proxy uses port 80 and the isa server port 81. Any help is much appreciated

u will need to create a site and content rule on the isa server to allow web request from the downstream proxy 2 server.
if you need some help with that just ask.

thanks, I'm not overly familiar with ISA and will have to ask other people to make the change so if you could tell me how this is done there'll be a virtual pint on the bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back