Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

html

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dj

Programmer
Mar 22, 2001
GB
Hi,
I am currently designing my own web site. However I am still
some what of a novice and I have come across one issue
that is causing me problems. If I am using a coloured background and I call up a circular image I have design my self, the following seems to happen.
If I save as a GIF with transparency the image quality is very poor(looks as though white has bled through). If I call up a J peg it will bring in a white square mask.
How do I design my own graphics and solve the above problems.I have Paint shop pro, Microsoft image composer and various other packages available to me.
Please help.
4dj

If you have PhotoShop - make the background transparent and then matte with the same color as the page it will be displayed on. Save the image as a .gif

Hope that helps.

Generally, if you create a shape/image with a transparant border, and place the image/shape on a background the same colour as your page before creating the final image, the white dithering around the graphic should dissapear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back