Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

html upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

t5pete

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
US
Hello,
I'm starting a new site and when I upload my files Im having to stick a basic lame page up first in order to get my site to open with the correct domain: How should I be uploading my files, should I upload the published html files or the swf files? I tried uploading the html file before with another site but they will only open if the file looks like the one you see at the site--no cool graphics, just very plain. They're too slow otherwise.
Everything Im uploading was made and published in Flash 5.
Thanks a lot.
t5

You should be loading the html and the .swf that goes with it. Your html(index.html) seems ok, but your oddtodd2.swf, is no where to be found. Did you upload it?

Regards,
new.gif

Hey ONB,
No, I didn't upload the swf file, I should upload both I take it? I'll try that to check the download time
Thanks again
t5

In case you're wondering why your e-mail button is not working... Get rid of the spaces in your mailto: action as:

getURL("mailto:todd@oddtodd.net");

Regards,
And might I be blessed by your vote!
new.gif

Yeah,
I just figured that email thing out,
Thanks ONB, you're a pro!!! Do you have a site?
thanks again
t5

Nope! No official site!
But I'd take in your vote anyways!

[bigcheeks]-> Sharky

Regards,
new.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back