Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML Tags in a database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usp004

ISP
Jul 10, 2000
US
Has anyone stored HTML tags and other HTML attributes (eg color, face, width,...) inside a database to build dynamic web pages?

I need to build an asp page where I capture the users information and then display a "customized" asp page for them. Each client will have different information and a different page layout so I will need to store this information somewhere. Has anyone done anything like this?

Thanks [sig][/sig]

Yep, works fine. You can't store ASP code in a database though (so far as I know).

Simply retrieve a recordset and response.write the text to the html stream.

If you need more details, [sig]<p>Rob<br><a href=mailto:robschultz@yahoo.com>robschultz@yahoo.com</a><br>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br>
"Focus on the solution to the problem,<br>
not the obstacles in the way."<br>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/sig]

Nick,

How would you tackle this with XML and CSS? Also could I build this using XML & CSS so that it would work with older browsers?

Thanks [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back