Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML emails - only partial msg displayed in Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2002
GB
Hi all,

We're having a problem with HTML emails sent to a mailing list (yeah I know I don't approve of HTML email either ;-).
When the recipient is a Win98 machine running Outlook2000, 98 or XP, as well as IE6, the message is truncated - i.e it's only partially displayed.

MS 'Recognise this is a problem' on the following KB article:

This suggests a registry edit and the 'installation' of a US-ASCII code page file. The filename they quote is 'cp_20127.nls' Problem is this doesn't seem to exist on 4 different UK versions of Win98 (including second editions), and we even managed to get hold of a US Win98 CD - still no joy, we dug through all the .cab files :-(

Can anyone shed any light on this one? or maybe send us a copy of this file?

Any help SERIOUSLY appreciated :)

Thanks people!

faq68-2270 I don't know if this is going to work but take a look at this FAQ. -Brad
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

-Best cartoon of all time :-D 'Spongebob Squarepants' [cook]

'Fraid it's not relevant at all this problem doesn't have anything to do with AutoPreview, it's just the way in which HTML emails are displayed if you have certain versions of IE running on Win98.

Thanks anyways...

GRush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back