Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

html code 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

t5pete

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
US
I've got my site all ready to go, I have all my buttons set to pick the appropriate files (filename.htm). Is this the right command to type in under get url action? The files aren't linking. I had it working once this way, but it was through dreamweaver.
Thanks,
T5

Have you tried the full address?
getURL(" "_self");

...Or "_blank" as the second parameter, if you want to open your links in a new window, rather than the one where your movie is embedded.

Regards,
new.gif

in the getURL window, make sure you type the correct path

../ will take you back a folder.

the file name should be .html or .htm depending on how you have them named.

Also specify if it should load in "self" or "blank"

Posting at the same time?

Permits me to correct my post... There shouldn't be that extra ";" between the 2 parameters.

Have you tried the full address?
Code:
getURL("[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.yourserver.com/path/your.htm",[/URL] "_self");
...Or "_blank" as the second parameter, if you want to open your links in a new window, rather than the one where your movie is embedded.

Regards,
new.gif

What do I enter where it says path? I'm illiterate when it comes to code.
thanks again
t5

Nothing, if you don't have any other folders on your server, and the called html is in the main directory.

Try:
Code:
getURL("[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.yourserver.com/your.htm",[/URL] "_self");

if your html was located in a folder called Flashfiles, you would use:
Code:
getURL("[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.yourserver.com/Flashfiles/your.htm",[/URL] "_self");

Regards,
And might I be blessed with your vote!
new.gif

Thanks newbie, I figured it out. I'll have it up in no time. I wanna give you a vote: how do I give you a vote? This site is confusing. One more problem, after I've got this whole site working for my dumb brother, do I keep the files where they are? If I give the files to him the path will be lost. But, he wants to use his server space to put it on the web.
Thanks again,
t5

To vote just click on the link below my signature in any of my posts in this thread, and then confirm your vote in the other window that comes up! Yes it is somewhat confusing, and they keep changing it for whatever stu... reason!

Just agree on the same folders' names and paths on your respective sites, so that your brother transferring the files to his site has the same setup, at least for those files!

Regards,
new.gif

The site is working great except for a couple problems. A couple of the pages keep repeating when I click on the button to go to another page. I have to double click to make them work. Also what's the code for an email button?The entire site is made in Flash if that's any help. OldNewbie, I still can't find a place to vote for you!!!
THanks again
t5

use the getURL as you did above only put in

mailto:youremailaddress@whatever.com

it would look like this:

getURL("mailto:youremailaddress@whatever.com", ""); Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

To vote...look directly below Old's or this post and you will see the following statement:

Click here to mark this
post as a helpful or
expert post!

This is under each post on the bottom left, just click below the post of those who you feel have been helpful and it gives them a little pink star...not worth much but it means a lot to some;-)

This little arrow should help you find the one below this post... Old's is in the same location under his post:

L
o
o
K

S
t
r
a
i
g
h
T