Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML and Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlbmcnews

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2001
GB
Hi,

We send HTML e-mails to a client, they run lotus notes but we send using exchange server/outlook clients. I believe that Notes will not display any HTML hence none of the hyperlinks will work and none of the graphics or colours in the e-mail will be displayed, is that true? Whats happens if I send it in plain text instead?

Notes is perfectly capable of receiving HTML mail where the hyperlinks and graphics work just fine. We do it here all of the time. It a configuration issue on the Notes client.

I agree. I would also check your clients Domino and Notes version. 5.11 + works well, and we have had some issues with earlier versions of Notes. Hope this helps.

Rgds,

John Judge

Within each Person document in your Address Book under the Mail tab set "Format Preference for Incoming Mail" to "No Preference."

Hi,

I am using Notes 5.0.11 and some html pages received are displayed in the 1/4 of right side of the message!? Is this metter of version or ...?

Thanks,
Laki

jjlbmcnews is wrong. Notes R5 and V6 clients will display any properly formatted MIME message it receives. The likely culprit is that MS Exchange allows for MIME variants while Notes only works with MIME messages that follow the agreed-upon standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back