Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML absolute positioning e-mail problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfry

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2008
GB
Hello,

I am using CR2008 and produce reports in HTML that are emailed to internal and external recipients. The internal recipients get their mails fine and they look great. The external mails get an company disclaimer tagged on the end and this causes the emails to be malformed - the disclaimer appears overlaid on the report.

The reason for this is because the Crystal generated HTML uses absolute positioning. The disclaimer is added as a final DIV within the BODY section of the HTML. Because this is not positioned appropriately it appears overlaid.

Also, this absolute positioning causes forwarded emails to be malformed also.

Is there a way to produce HTML output that does not rely on CSS absolute positioning, or has anyone else experienced this issue who can suggest a solution?

Many thanks,
John

I've experienced these same issues (and even more problems with Outlook 2007 as a client).

This caused me to add functionality to my software that allows users to design an HTML email message with content from the report embedded in the message.

Sounds like you wrote your own application, so you could try to do something similar.

hth,
- Ido

view, email, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hello Ido, actually I am using your software Visual Cut. I'll mail you directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back