Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.htaccess: URL Rewriting

Status
Not open for further replies.

xml2

Programmer
Jul 18, 2003
BE
Hi everybody, I'm starting to get frustrated here.. I'm trying to get to know 'mod_rewrite' a little better, so I wanted to make a little excercise...

What I want is the following ('product1' is the variable)

==>> product.php?name=product1

I got this part working, but only with numbers, to get:

==>> product.php?naam=12

I use the following Rule:

RewriteRule ([0-9]+) product.php?name=$1

and that works fine. The moment I'm trying to make it work with characters I get errors.. somebody willing to help me a little? I cannot explain how long I've been looking for this.. :/ (I want that every charachter after de '/' should be put behind 'name=')

I hope my problem is a little 'clear', sorry for the realy bad english. (but at least I trying, right?)

Hi Daniel,

Thx for trying to help me, but when I do that, I don't get the string that I put behind the / but I just get 'product.php' as value frome 'name'.

You have any ID?

I'd use

RewriteRule ^/(.*?)$ /product.php?name=$1

If you have any other specifics on the regex to match you can slide them in easily. Like a path

RewriteRule ^/store/(.*?)$ /product.php?name=$1

etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back