Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HSRP Router / PIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ver17

Technical User
Sep 24, 2004
US
This is more of a PIX question... I had a difficult time finding the proper forum for this question so I am posting it here.

Can I use two ports on a Cisco PIX 515 and set them up for HSRP to my co-lo's 6500's?

As a secondary question; can I do the same thing with a 3600 or equivalant router? Use two fa ports as HSRP connections to the co-lo's equipment?

Can a PIX 515 be set up in Bridging mode? Would this work with dual HSRP connections coming into two PIX interfaces?

As far as I know, PIX has its own stateful box-to-box failover mechanism and don't have any default gateway redundancy protocols like HSRP or VRRP.

Regarding your 2nd question, I don't quite get your intention and actually you better describe a little bit about your actual LAN and WAN infrastructure.

And regarding the bridge mode thing in PIX, I think PIX OS ver 7.0 supports the feature called "Layer 2 Transparent Firewall" which may be your cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back