Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hsp56 MR modem problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregoire

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
CA
I dunno why, but when i wan to connect to the internet my modem is working dfine the first shot, but when i reconnect... nothing... i can't get back on the internet, so i have to restart everytime.

Can someone help me ?!?!?

when you press crtl-alt-del you will see a program running called rnaap end that task and try it again dialling that is make sure it is not listed first

If i always have to shut down this application ... Can I delete it ?

absolutely not that is a call procedure to run your dial up networking If you want to- uninstall and reinstall dial up networking and try to reconnect again.

What dial-up service (ISP) do you use to connect to the internet? If it is one like AOL or MSN that have standalone applications to connect you, then they are not properly releasing/closing rnaap when you disconnect.

It's not working

even if i close rnaap...

can someone tell me what to do to make it work like it was working b4...

greg

I think i have to specify that when i have this problem
i can go to the internet, but my MSN messenger is telling me that i got a problem with my connection...

Again, we need to know what service you use to connect to the internet (AOL, MSN, etc.). There is possibly something wrong with the application you are using. If it's AOL for example, you'd be better off uninstalling/reinstalling AOL or contact their technical support for suggestions.

ALso, what operating system do you have? Win95, Win98, WinME?

I'm using none of what you're talking about. I'm using win98se with Sympatico dial-up service.

Thz
greg

Greg,

First of all, you don't want to close "rnaapp" while you're connected through Simpatico. It's needed as part of Windows Dial-Up Networking. If after you disconnect from Simpatico and rnaapp is still there (after like 5 minutes), then that's when you'd want to kill it.

I thought you were having a "reconnect" problem. Now it's MSN messenger? If it's just MSN Messenger causing your problem, then I would try uninstalling/reinstalling it. It's a fairly small program.

Also:
- Does it work the first time you connect to the internet after rebooting your pc?
- Does it only happen after you "reconnect" through Simpatico?
- Does "rnaapp" still hang on you after you disconnect?

it's okay

i dunno why

but i works now...
thz ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back