Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HSBC connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickjkay

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
GB
One of my users has a problem connecting to the secure transaction part of the HSBC web site. He has no problems connecting the Llyods. I've gone through the IE settings, defaulted them and allowed most scripting options, but to no avail.

He see's the statndard can't connect page

Any suggestions?

Have you cleaned out your Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History etc? This link also talks about faulty Index.dat which you can delete and rebuild.

Safely Delete the Temporary Internet Files

How is IE from "Safe Mode with Networking", or from Normal Mode but as another user, or on another machine?

Have you tried running IE with No Add-ons?
Does adding HSBC to the Trusted Sites help?

You Receive a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Post to a Site That Requires Authentication

You cannot access your MSN e-mail account or authenticate with a Web site in various programs

Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP

Who's his ISP?

Many of my users recently reported a problem with Abbey National's on-line banking site, and yet Lloyds Bank's site was ok. This was apparently down to a problem with Tiscali.

It's been resolved now. Go through Linney's excellent links, then check with HSBC, and also the user's ISP.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Well he has succesfully conected from another computer on the same networ, temp internet files have been cleared although I will try the log on as admin meathod.

Thought I'd try a shot in the dark and get him to install IE7-bingo it worked, the managment were not happy-but I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back