Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HPUX certification 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mworrell

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
US
Where is the best place to get study material for the
hpux certification exam. I got the one practice test
off of the hp education site and I have the HPUX
certification book. Is there anything else I should
study? Anybody taken the exam, if so is it tough or pretty
straight forward.

Mike

Hi Mworrel,
Exam is not that hard if you are working with HP-UX. They generally asks tricky question on DNS,NIS and nfs. The book by Raffic and Rahaman (not sure about name) is good enough for exam. Book has may be 2 or 3 study exam too.
I took it last year.

Sachin

Hello Mike,

Sachin is right, in that the test is very tricky on DNS, NIS and NFS. The rest of the exam is fairly easy. Just make sure you have a firm grasp on networking concepts. That is the "gotcha" part of the exam, by far. Other than that, like Sachin said, if you work with HP-UX and you have studied the Certified book, you will be fine.

Bryan

hi ,

sachin is right , have to devlope confidence in NIS , NFS as well in DNS ... may be tricky question but its eaisy if you r comfartable with networking concept and somehow focused on profile management and editors and
also for some special items ( like pad ,ioscan -Fnc ,and to call another UNIX systems (cu) ........

all the best !

naveenswami

...Should have mentioned, click on the Free Questions link for a pile of sample HP-UX questions...

thanx everyone for their input. guess I will start
studying the network portion really hard. we have people
on staff that do that, no I never get involved with it.
thanx again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back