Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HPLJ 4 Jams All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

herring367

Technical User
Feb 6, 2003
US
Hi. My HP LJ 4 jams all the time. The paper start to come out and then it stops, and of course the jam light comes on. Every once in awhile I can get a test page to print completely.

What are some things I can check? Can the rollers be cleaned or adjusted? I don't mind pulling the printer apart since I'm going to toss it if I can't fix it.

Thanks!

It sounds like the output rollers are slipping. Those are the rollers located right at the exit. Typically when they slip, the trailing edge of the paper gets crumpled because the output rollers arent't pulling the paper through and the rollers at the bottom are still pushing the paper.

I don't believe a new set is very expensive. I have had some success in applying a thin coat of automotive brake fluid to the output rollers. Not too much. It make take a few sheets to get rid of surplus fluid.

Jim Asman
jlasman@telus.net

Thank you so much. I will try that right away!

The rollers are RF5-1076 AND RF5-1077...cheap & easily replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back