Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP5P and HP DeskJet 722C on a LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfmcd

Technical User
Jun 1, 2002
US
10/24/02

Hi all, I hope someone can help.

I have two printers HP5P and HP Deskjet 722C installed on a "main" computer in a 3 machine LAN. The two printers are using LPT1 through a Belkin Dataswitch and have worked very well for well over a year.

Everything, including the HP5P, works very well in the LAN, (shared files, DSL internet access etc.) EXCEPT!! the HP DeskJet color printer. I've tried every way to install the DeskJet on the remote machines up to and including hard installing and changing the port to the LAM port designation. I always get the error message "No Communication with the printer"

Does anyone have a hint??

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Hello,

First: you may want to check the cable to make sure it is complaint with the IEEE standards and the printer.

Second: you may want to check with the BIOS settings to see if bi-directional is supported or EPP, ECP.

Third: make sure you are using the latest drivers from the web for the deskjet.

I hope this helps:)

10/27/02

Thanks Wiz for your reply. I had tried all those suggestions with no luck. It appears that the HP DeskJet 722C does not support network printing. Late yesterday evening I found a link to a guy's (Ted Felix) procedure "Networking the HP722C". I tried and was successful with his first method "Capture the Port". It involves installing the drivers from the HP web site on the remote machines and then letting the software select LPT1 as the port but specifying the \\(host computer) as the path. He then has you go into the "HP DeskJet Configuration" and disable Bi-directional communication.

If you would like to have it I can give you the link to his procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back