Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hp4V service 67 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuznmark

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2000
US
I have unplug this printer and waited the 20 to 30 minutes.. then it works fine.. but the next day the error comes up again.. any clues?

Just learning..

it a temporyary error most likely meaning the fuser has a problem try removeing it and resitting it it my help check the contacts on the fuser also

The HP LaserJet 4V User's Manual refers you to service 50 when you get a service 67 message. Service 50 message Description is: The printer identified an internal service error. The Recommended Action is: If this error appears, switch the printer OFF for at least 15 minutes (which you say you are already doing) and then back ON. If the error continues, call you dealer or HP service representative.

yes the dealer would say most likely you need a new fuser its a low volt to the printer that cause that it usal is the fuser So long and thanks for all the fish.

Hello:

I have an HP4V printer that comes up with an error message 55 and paper jam after the printer has been on for an hour or so. Turn the printer off for a while and turn it on everything is ok until it warms up.

I am wondering if it is the Fuser? However the copies are not coming out curled and hot, and nor plastic parts seem to be out of shape from heat.

I am suspecting a component failure.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back