Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP4100 Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanakasri

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2006
HK
HI , I Have HP 4100 printer ,and the tray one paper feeder is out of order,every time all print job request tray1.then it detect as paper jam.if it is tray2 it will print without any prob.i change the propertie settings to make tray one not available.but still it try to print from tray1.any trick to disble the tray1 and redirect all print jobs to tray2

any comments ,txs

Do you have the same problem if you print internal pages from the printer, like the configuration page from the information menu? If so..

Check if manual feed is enabled on the paper handling menu on the printer. If this is enabled you should turn it off.

If this fails you should try a cold reset on the printer:

Performing a cold reset resets the HP JetDirect configuration. To avoid making changes to your configuration, remove the HP JetDirect card before
performing a cold reset. Print a configuration page and a menu map to verify the current printer settings.

To perform a cold reset:
1 Print a configuration page and a menu map.
2 Turn on the printer while holding the GO key down.
3 When COLD RESET appears on the control panel display, release the GO key.

HI ,
thanks for the comments ,manual feed is off and and i perform cold reset ,but still it try to print from the tray1 and state paper jam
chan

Ok..you may have a defect sensor somewhere in the printer then. Do you get a 13.xx error in display or is it just plain text?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back