Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP2920 Tagged / Untagged

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel233

MIS
Feb 24, 2007
US
I have a new 2920 switch. I configured it as below. My question is for each VLAN do I need to tag / untag each port like I did in VLAN 3? I am very confused my this. I have VOIP phones (VLAN6) and the PC's get connected into the phone. My data VLAN is VLAN3
I am also connecting this switch to my HP 2920 Stack (4 Hp2920 in the stack). Right now I just went from 4/40 in the stack to port 43 in the new switch and people can connect to the network and the phone works.
vlan 1
name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
no untagged 1-48
no ip address
exit
vlan 3
name "DATA_VLAN"
untagged 1-48
ip address 10.XXX.XXX.XXX 255.255.255.0
exit
vlan 5
name "GUEST_WIFI"
no ip address
exit
vlan 6
name "VOICE_VLAN"
no ip address
voice
exit
vlan 7
name "WIFI_VLAN"
no ip address
exit
vlan 8
name "FPL_VLAN"
no ip address
exit
vlan 9
name "MGMT_VLAN"
no ip address
exit
vlan 10
name "CAM_VLAN"
no ip address
exit
no tftp server
no autorun
no dhcp config-file-update
no dhcp image-file-update
no dhcp tr69-acs-url
password manager

So I tagged port 2,9 in VLAN 6 and when I went to the config on the phone it still says VLAN0. Is this because the Uplink which is Port 44 in the new switch is not config as a trunk port? If I config that as trk2 then I also need to config the other switch port (switch 4 in the stack) as the same trk2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back