Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP-UX and Clusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

weipers

Technical User
Dec 3, 2002
US
Hi,

Can I access a VxFS file system from two nodes in a cluster?

Please explain in further.

Is the filesystem part of the cluster?

You will need to provide more detail.

Hi,

if you want to share this vxfs file system in the cluster you may use vgchange -a s <vgroup>. This may leave sharable the file system for both nodes (normaly is mounted as vgchange -a e <vgroup> avoiding writes from the standby node). Please, try to consult vgchange manual on your HP-UX and see information related to this mode.

This mode is for a parallel Oracle Server?

Hope this would help you.
Best regards,

Hi,

This configuration would not be for OPS, or RAC. Rather I want to install Oracle software onto shared storage in a cluster so that I can run separate databases on each node from the same software installation.

The file system has been selected as VxFS, and this does not appear to be possible.

Should I select the Veritas CFS instead if I want to configure my systems this way?

As far as I know what you are looking for is only achievable using RAC or similar coz it uses its own file system - ORAFS I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back