Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Service Desk - database documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyu

Programmer
Nov 21, 2000
CA
Hi,
Anyone have experience in building reports off of the HP Service Desk database? We are using HP Service Desk 4.5 and when I was attempting to put together a report (using Crystal), it seems quite complicated with all the tables and joins, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've not had to build reports -- I've (so far) found that the answers to requests for reports can be me by looking at the customisable (and printable) views. Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

It's like this; even samurai have teddy bears, and even teddy bears get drunk.

I have build some reports so far with Service Desk 4.5 and Crystal 8.5. The easiest way is to use the views like the V1033_Service_Call (all infos you need to find out about ServiceCalls can be found here).

The view "V1033_Service_Call"..

Is this view come standard with Service Desk 4.5? I can't see it as one of the available views on the database.

Where could I find this view? When creating reports off of this view, is this the only table/view that you need to access?

The views I was talking about are the ones in the drop-down list at the top of each Service Desk screen.

Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

It's like this; even samurai have teddy bears, and even teddy bears get drunk.

My company is planning on moving from Peregrine's ServiceCenter to HP's Service Desk. I am responsible for reporting and have been asked to set up real-time reporting showing call spikes by call type based on 15, 30, and 60 minute intervals. I have never worked with Service Desk and wondered if that functionality might be built into the application. Anyone have any information or know where I might find that information? I use Crystal Reports to do my current reporting.

Hello ShelDoyal,

There are some quite flexible reporting options built into ServiceDesk - they're so built-in that most people walk right past them so to speak.

They are incorporated into the customisable views drop-down menu, top of the screen when looking at a list of calls. I don't know if they'll do precisely what you want but they are worth a look.

Mike

"Deliver me from the bane of civilised life; teddy bear envy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back