Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP PSC 2410 Software Will Not Install 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

debsw1

Technical User
Jun 25, 2003
GB
We have a customer that has purchased above printer, installation cd autoruns but just sits at checking system, it never gets off 0%. By editing the autorun.inf you can get cd to start installation crashes and you have to end task it. Customer is running Windows XP, he doesn't have SP2 installed. Have tried all ok on another pc.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Debbie

if there any anti-virus software installed you could try temporarily disabling that and running the cd again

We have disabled all anti virus software. Problem has gone a lot further since my original post. We have totally wiped the pc and with just a standard installation of windows (no other programs installed) we still cannot get it to run. We have spent hours on the phone to HP but currently have got no further. The customer has 2 identical pc's & it won't work on either. Currently we are waiting on IBM to see if they have any ideas.

Regards
Debbie

is it an option to install the printer using just the driver files ?

are you using an admin a/c?
i take it you can install other software from cd on these machines?
what make/model is the pc?
is system restore disabled?

seems a bit like "needle in a haystack" going on here but anymore info you have let me know

Can install some of the drivers files but loose a lot of functionality, they are currently just using it as a fax, copier & very bog standard printer.

Definately users have full rights, when we restarted pc just tried it with just the admin account. All other installations on these pc's are ok. The pc is an IBM Netvista M42. Not sure about system restore - will check this with engineer.

Definately a nightmare situation.

Debbie

I have a similar situation - the psc2410 software will not reinstall on xp pro on dell inspiron laptop. Previously it was working but it failed trying to print pdf pages & I decided to reinstall. Now I cannot get drivers installed for sccanner, fax, or printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back